This beautiful but extremely rare map shows the city of Leominster, Massachusetts, and its surroundings in the late 18th and early 19th centuries. The map is decorated with features found on many maps of Massachusetts cities at the time and contains a detailed description of the area, including the shading used to indicate ponds, waterways, areas and elevations. MA introduced us to Johnny Appleseed, who was known to move to Leomonster and why he claimed it.
The main office of the recreation department is located in Barrett Park, and other areas include the Car Barn Area, which is located in the so-called "Car Barn," an area where the wagons of the Fitchburg and Leominster Railway were stored and serviced. The other area includes the car barn, which is located near the entrance to the park and is called "The CarBarn" because it stores and maintains the cars in the area.
The reserve includes the Doyle Conservation Center, which houses the Fitchburg and Leominster Historical Society, a museum and serves as a venue. The district also operates a number of leisure facilities, such as a golf course, swimming pool, tennis courts, basketball courts and a tennis court. They are primary schools: Bennett School and Lincoln School are preschools; Samoset School, Sky View, is middle school; and high schools are North Shore High School in Northampton and North End High School in South Boston.
The St. Leo School belongs to the parish of St. Leo in Leominster, the St. Anna School to the parish of St. Anna. The Diocese of Worcester is linked to the Episcopal Church of the Holy Cross and the Roman Catholic Dioceses of Northampton and Worcester.
The town hall is located at Weststraße 25 and is open Monday to Friday from 7.30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
The Montachusett Regional Transportation Authority, also known as the Montachusett Area Regional Transit (MART), provides comprehensive local bus service. The MBTA provides bus services to the Leominster area of the city, as well as Boston, Worcester, Cambridge and Somerville, Massachusetts, and Boston and Worcester County.
The town is divided into several small villages known as French Hill (originally inhabited by French immigrants), located in Fitchburg. The most prominent hill is Montachusett Hill, the highest point in the city and the second highest in Massachusetts. It is home to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), the University of Massachusetts - Lowell, Harvard University and Harvard Medical School, as well as Boston University Medical Center and Boston Public Library. It is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Boston and one of the most important tourist attractions in Worcester County.
The state forest is home to the Massachusetts State Forest, the largest of its kind in the United States. It is the second largest forest in Massachusetts and the third largest in the whole of Massachusetts, after the Great Smoky Mountains.
Other golf courses in the area include the Massachusetts State Forest Golf Course and the State Forest Golf Course. Local golf courses include: The local golf course includes the New England Golf Club, Boston Country Club and other local golf courses. Other course areas include: Forests State Golf Club and a local golf course in Boston; other course areas include: Other courses and areas including: A local park with public park, a state park and several private parks.
After the war, settlers negotiated with Chief Sholan of the Nashaway tribe over the only piece of land that was legally bought by the Indians in central Massachusetts. Wachusett Dirt Dawgs (FCBL) will play their home games at Boston Country Club.
Part of the grant is now in sterling, but as early as 1720 it was established that the main owner was the son-in-law of Chief Sholan and his wife Mary of Nashaway.
The Whitney Carriage Company was once the largest manufacturer of prams in the world and was a major employer in Leominster until 1923. The largest plastic producer in this city was the Viscoloid Company, founded in 1901 by Bernard and Wendell Doyle. In 1914, it pioneered the production of pyroxyl toys, and in 1923, it founded the company with its sister company in Boston, the New England Plastic Company.
In 1931 Foster visited Jack Goodman's New York factory and learned about an injection moulding machine that had been invented in Germany in the early 1920s. He ordered several new machines and secretly shipped them from Worcester to his Grant factory, where his mechanics concentrated on getting them to work and modify them.
Leominster eventually became a regional manufacturing and transportation center, and in the mid-19th century, many of the world's first industrial companies, such as General Electric and General Motors, settled in Leominsters and established factories. The Fitchburg-Worcester Railway also ran through the city centre, and rail links to Boston and Worcester arrived, making the city a major rail hub and the first major industrial centre on the East Coast.